External vacancy notice - ILO
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Business Development Services (BDP) Market Assessment – National Consultant
Project Title: Local Development Strategies in Bosnia and Herzegovina – EU4Business BIH/17/01/EUR – 106531
Lead Office: ILO DWT/CO-Budapest
Duration: 10 months (non-continuous)
Target country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Project Activity: Activity 2.2 Entrepreneurship support and start-ups facilitation through the local partnerships and inter-municipal cooperation
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen BiH capacity for generating growth and employment through support to competitiveness and innovation. In that light, the specific objective is to support BiH private sector development with a focus on export oriented, agro-rural and tourism sectors, as well as on enhancing the operational environment for MSMEs including development of local entrepreneurship. Key role of the ILO in the joint programme will be to enable growth and sustainability of entrepreneurial initiatives in export oriented, tourism and agro-rural sectors for income and employment generation, with specific focus to women and youth entrepreneurship.
Tailored technical assistance activities are foreseen at local level to complement grant facility funded measures to support development of more enabling environment for entrepreneurship development. The main target group for the technical assistance will be: local development agencies, municipalities (departments responsible for entrepreneurship support), and NGOs. One of the key technical assistance activities is delivery of the Start and Improve Your Business methodology and training and certification of at least 15 SIYB trainers.
As a first step the ILO seeks the services of experienced consultants to do a market assessment of the business and financial services and management training market in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The market assessment is done in order to understand the need and demand for business management training and other support services (like finance) in the micro, small and medium enterprise sector of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The information produced will form the basis for the formulation of joint ILO, GIZ and UNDP development cooperation project funded by EU Delegation of Bosnia and Herzegovina in the next 4 years.
Scope of Work
The National Consultant`s scope of work will comprise several main tasks:
- To map local service providers and analyse their capacities to address the livelihood needs of the target beneficiaries;
- To analyse needs and demand of the target audience (youth, women and vulnerable groups) for business services in general and Entrepreneurship Training in particular;
- Identify labour market support services available to the target groups;
- Deliver market assessment in Bosnia and Herzegovina in accord with the proposed methodology (Annex 1 to the ToR) with support of the technical and methodological inputs for the project team (employment specialist, entrepreneurship expert, and SIYB master trainer)
- Spend at least 10 working days in the scoping visit to get acquainted with the supply and demand side for the business development services in Bosnia and Herzegovina, including meetings with the stakeholders and business development service providers.
- Adapt existing training materials to national circumstances based on the market research.
- Actively participate in selection of partner institutions and candidates/trainees for SIYB training.
- Draft proposal of the adaptation of the global SIYB methodology for BDS market assessment in Bosnia and Herzegovina - to be submitted on August 20, 2018
- Desk research on general economic situation, growth prospects and information about MSMEs sector and donor environment – to be submitted on August 30, 2018
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the BDS supply side – to be submitted on October 31, 2018
- Draft report presenting the findings of the market assessment (supply side) – to be submitted on December 15, 2018
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of demand side (upon selection of the project locations) – to be submitted by March 30, 2019
- Final report presenting the findings of the market assessment (supply and demand side) – to be submitted by May 15, 2019
- Documents have to be submitted in English.
Time Line and Location
The assignment should take place between 01 August 2018 and 30 May 2019. Consultant is expected to use up to 30 days of work. Consultant will have up to 10 days of field work (in various locations in Bosnia and Herzegovina).
Staffing, Roles and Reporting
The consultant will report to Daniela Zampini, ILO Employment Specialist and Katarina Crnjanski-Vlajcic, ILO National Project Coordinator/Entrepreneurship Expert.
- A senior entrepreneurship practitioner with extensive research experience:
- Good knowledge of the political environment and institutions and actors relevant to entrepreneurship promotion
- Solid experience with empirical research and data collection (interviews, focus group discussions, research methods)
- Good drafting skills and ability to write well-structured reports
- At least 5 years of professional experience in enterprise/entrepreneurship development and entrepreneurship training,
- Strong communication and moderation skills,
- Fluency in English and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (oral and writing skills),
- Field work experience in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Interested candidates will send their CV and list of references by 25 July 2018 to email email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be informed about the selection outcome, while CVs of other relevant candidates will be kept in internal roster of ILO national consultants in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Phone: +387 33 293 400 Fax: +387 33 552 330 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org