Call for expression of interest: Establishing UN Women Civil Society Advisory Group in BiH
UN Women is setting up a civil society advisory group (CSAG) as a consultative body for advancing shared objectives in promoting women’s rights, gender equality and the empowerment of women. The goal of establishing this group is to build on existing close relationships and increase strategic dialogue with civil society partners, provide a dynamic source for innovative initiatives, ideas and policy perspectives to assist UN Women in achieving its strategic goals.
UN Women CSAG in BiH will be a consultative forum for regular dialogue between UN Women and civil society in BiH. The goals for the group are:
- To enable UN Women to consult with civil society and draw upon the rich and diverse expertise, experience, outreach and networks, perspective and knowledge that civil society can offer.
- To foster dialogue and engagement, with a view to advancing goals of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- To serve as a consultative forum of ideas and strategies for UN Women’s programming, including identification of the most pertinent and emerging gender equality issues in the region.
UN Women BiH CSAG is being established to facilitate effective, on-going and structured consultations between civil society and UN Women at a country level. Rotating every two years, this Advisory Group will focus on the provision of strategic perspectives on advocacy issues, strengthening UN Women’s engagement with civil society and supporting, as relevant, intergovernmental processes and forums.
The Group’s composition must ensure that the diversity of women in the country is represented. Members will be drawn from gender equality networks, women’s organizations, academia, as well as other non-governmental and grassroots organizations which are committed to the core values of the United Nations.
Therefore, UN Women is calling for all interested individuals to apply for membership by filling in the Application Form. More detail on the requirements and Group’s composition are available in Terms of Reference.
- Terms of Reference_UN Women Civil Society Advisory Group BiH (PDF)
- CSAG Application Form (Word Document)
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org NOT later than 01 September 2017 and indicate “BiH CSAG application” in your email subject line.
Phone: +387 33 293 400 Fax: +387 33 552 330 Email: email@example.com