Oglas za posao - UNHCR Communication/PI Associate
EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE RO/SAR/17/GS/1
The Regional Office for South Eastern Europe of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina is looking for qualified and highly motivated candidates interested to apply for the following position:
Title of Position: Communication/PI Associate
Position Number: Temporary Position
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (Regional Office Sarajevo)
Type of contract: Temporary Appointment - GS6 (General Service)
Duration: 3 months (initial period)
Date of Entry on Duty: 01 October 2017
Category and Level: GS6 (General Service)
Application Deadline: 14 September 2017, by 5:30 p.m. CET
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
The incumbent of the position will work in the UNHCR Regional Office Sarajevo under direct supervision of the Regional Associate External Relations/PI Officer for South Eastern Europe (SEE) who will monitor performance of the incumbent, define general work objectives and provide necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent keeps frequent contacts with staff at various levels in the office and occasionally with staff at the same level in other duty stations, country offices in the region and/or Headquarters.
The role of the Communication / Public Information Associate within the team is to provide support to the Regional Associate External Relations/PI Officer. The incumbent will have a pivotal role in drafting of the growing number of requested reports, updates, briefing documents, increased translating tasks supporting the maintenance of the UNHCR national web site as well as interpreting for the management in the course of frequent official meetings with the national authorities and public/media appearances.
2. FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT
- The office is kept informed of local developments of interest to UNHCR.
- Evolving issues concerning displaced persons and refugees are monitored to be able to suggest stories and topics for the media coverage.
- Assist in preparations of interviews to the local media and background briefings to the international media.
- Draft briefing notes, talking points, minutes and other papers for the high level meetings and visits.
- Provide daily inputs for the national web site on relevant local developments and ensure that briefing materials from other offices are available.
- Accompany visits of foreign delegation and the media to refugee sites in the region, giving appropriate briefings, interpreting support and commentaries.
- Draft reports, briefings, updates, etc.
- Assist in preparation of communication budget.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Establish contacts with local organisations to promote general interest and understanding of refugee issues.
- Have access to UNHCR Communication /PI systems.
3. MINIMUM REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Innovation and Creativity
- Technological Awareness
- Political Awareness
4. ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training in Social Science, Journalism, Humanities or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of previous relevant job experience.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent drafting skills as well as translation and interpreting skills.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language
5. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Completion of UNHCR Learning Programmes or specific training relevant to functions of position.
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Interested candidates must submit their applications (Cover letter, personal CV and completed P.11 form) to e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to the Vacancy Notice RO/SAR/17/GS/01, Communication/PI Associate, by 14 September 2017, 5:30 p.m. CET.
- Late or incomplete applications received without the above specified documents will not be considered;
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for the interview.
Sarajevo, 05 September 2017